Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some stuff

Well, at last here are the promised photos of the artwork in my room.
In this photo you can see the track lighting system my Dad and I worked on.
My sign that I use for my logo, "ikevision" is made entirely of scrap that I had lying around.
Making up the characters are such things as shielded conduit (e) a hinge (v) an old pressure hose (s) gears (the dot on the "i" and the "o") and other such things.

My painting/sculpture is made out of cardboard, coat hanger, canvas, and wood.
The cardboard was cannibalized from some boxes I had from moving in.
The coat hangers I found on their way to the trash.
The canvas I had already, although it too was a reject.
The wood, with which I constructed the frame, was rescued from the dumpster.
This is what's fun about art. It doesn't take a lot of resources to create art, just some resourcefulness.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I know I already told you, but the artwork is too cool! I love how you took scraps and made really attractive pieces of art. Oh, the talent! :)

Melissa Phelps said...

yowsa! Hey look I'm so on blogspot