Monday, December 29, 2008

Rudolph, Shmudolph...


Transcript from a conversation at dinner

SCENE: ISAAC, SETH, AND MOTHER AT DINNER, EACH ENGROSSED IN A BOOK.

Isaac: "I say, that chap Rudolph…"
Seth: "What about?"
Isaac: "There’s something that doesn’t ring true."
Seth: "Oh?"
I: "How come it was a foggy night? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s a meteorological impossibility in that region."
Mum: You mean at the North Pole?
I: "Yes."
S: "Yes, but Santa must be tracking the weather all over the world. The song doesn’t specifically state the location of the fog. Obviously the implication is that somewhere on S.C.’s route it’s as thick as pea soup."
I: "So if this was such a problem what did Santa do before he discovered ol’ Rudy?"
M: "Maybe Rudolph was descended from a long line of scarlet snouted Rangiferia, and it was sort of a family business."
I: "But if there were more than one, ‘all of the other reindeer’ wouldn’t have ostracized him for his abnormality!"
*gets a wild look
"I'm telling you it's all a conspiracy, man!"
S&M: Mm…
FADE TO BLACK AS GROUP TURN BACK TO BOOKS.

4 comments:

LadyAnne said...

Ya'll are so weird...
Seems oddly familiar somehow...
Hmmm...

LadyAnne

TKB said...

The funny thing is...I can see this entire conversation unfolding just like you described it.

Tell the family I said hi...

That Girl In Switzerland said...

That is absolutely hilarious! But it's serious hilarity, which is the best kind. I really love reading (watching) your blogs, Joey!

Melissa Phelps said...

I laughed aloud twice while reading.

And perhaps you should check into the possibility that fog is getting worse world over, due to global warming. This may shed some light on the whole issue.

Option #2- Santa's lanterns were broken by a careless elf.