Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Effects Of Caffeine On An Artist

Some people get jitters and shakes.

For me, it’s like everything slows down so I can process it.

After coffee, even walking down a street becomes a intoxicating rush of information.

With the caffeine loosing my brain, it’s as if a switch has been thrown-“click” as suddenly it begins to come alive with the river of patterns…

The words “ smooth flavor” flashes across my thoughts. I stop; mentally I backtrack, and realize the source was a piece of paper blowing in the wind past me, glimpsed by my eye for a fraction of a second as I hurried along.

An ant on the pavement who’s short one antennae…a girl with three earrings on her left ear, two on the right(I wonder if she feels off-balance?)…three blooms, two buds on that bush across the street(hmm, rather late in the season)…sounds, shapes, colors, all being processed and organized simultaneously at light speed. I get the feeling that if I really wanted to, I could think a great thought…

Or something.

=)

5 comments:

Stanton said...

This is bad... You sound an awful lot like Hammie on energy drink. :-)

Issa said...

Hammie is exactly who I thought of when reading this too. Strange though, when your off your caffine your more like the Twitchy in Hoodwinked.

TKB said...

"CRAZY rabid squirrel!"

Megobuddy said...

Cool poemy thing! I like it.

Melissa Phelps said...

Hey look! I'm on blogger!!! Thought I'd mention. I know this has nothing to do with your excessively old post. ;)