Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Xeedl??!!

For some time now I have been amusing myself by thinking up definitions to the word verification "words" that I have to type in order to post a comment on the blogs of many of my friends.
Now, some people might say that those "words" are comprised of randomly generated characters and make no sense whatsoever and that since you can't pronounce them anyway your time might be better spent doing homework.
Fie!
Who's to say that many of our words that we use every day didn't start out as random sounds put together, and that just because you don't know how to pronounce them doesn't make them any less real?
With that encouraging thought in mind, I would urge you to do the same; next time you are confronted with that jumbled collection of distorted letters, don't rush on by and forget them, make a story!

The Lay of Xhdha*

Xhdha had fallen.
Although mighty in combat, Xhdha fell while attempting to cross the dunki of Gihob.
He slipped on the piigwo the herd of mkotidx had deposited, and before he could draw his yorut-handled breedle, the iviln-eyed horde of urhwyn were upon him, crying: "Yazknzer! Vjecc kyoke, Hoyrd!"

Ah, Xhdha, Xhdha!
Long will you be remembered.
I raise my duknsq to you, and drink.

All of the unfamiliar words in this example are genuine, that is, taken from an actual word verification request.

4 comments:

Alanna said...

It's ingenious. :-)

"qmibhj" to you to.

Leanna said...

It is so good to find a kindred spirit! I always love to try pronouncing those word verifications. Surely it is some secret language or something. Your story totally reminded me of "Jabberwocky."

Sam said...

Lrmqvlj!!! Bravo!!!

excellent post. I love it.

yours quamokly,
Sam

Stanton said...

Scavai! What an eyatg ikamgok!