Friday, February 8, 2008

Reflective Ironing


I like ironing.
I realize that as a male that is a dangerous statement to make, but,
I like to iron.
I'm not sure what it is about it, whether it's the taking of something that was disarrayed and straighting it, bringing order and making it aesthetically pleasing, thus in my small way making the world a more orderly place...
Or perhaps it's because as I iron I think and reflect on "many things" in almost a Walrus and the Carpenter sort of way.
I think that as a man ironeth, so he liveth.
Do I really need to iron the back of my shirt? I'm probably going to be wearing a jacket all day. Besides, that part always wrinkles almost immediately after one climbs into the shirt anyway...
After all, it's not like people are going to walk up to you and say, "You ironed the back of your shirt! Let me buy you a steak dinner!"
People usually don't give you a gold star because you spent the extra time and ironed the back of your shirt, and they are usually quite offended when you ask.


Incidentally, I ironed the back of my shirt.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Isaac,
I must say that you are 100% crazy!! =) But cool. Haha. I guess it is a "plus" to have a guy that LIKES to iron. Hey.. if my guy could iron, I'd gladly do all the laundry, stick him in a room, with an iron and say... GET TO WORK!!!!! =) HaHaha... then, go off and....go skiing =)

Have fun

Sam said...

hey hey hey. good post! and no worries, I can iron too. I call it a necessity, but good blogging. girls like guys who iron.
-sam

Melissa Phelps said...

So you like ironing? Are you looking for employment? You could spend all day thinking of shoes (i love shoes) and ships and sealing wax and cabbages ...
ps. good blog

Leanna said...

yeah, It's a total turn-on.

P.S. You can't just iron half the shirt. It's just not done.

-Missie

Leanna said...

But you know there is practicality in ironing just half a shirt... I don't know I think that you might have something there. What I really want to know is how good you are at washing dishes. Now that could really be a turn-on!