Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hypothesis, Theory, Law, whatever...


Why is the sky blue?

You know, color is a funny thing.
Years ago, before color was invented, the world was a very gray place. Just look at old photographs. The only people who used color were the artists, and that was just because they were all high on fumes from their lead-based paint. Everyone else thought they were crazy.
Then, around the middle of the 20th century, color really became the "in" thing, and everybody went wild with it. Because the whole concept was new, people really didn't know how to put different colors together, hence we had the whole "Flower Children" movement of the 60's.
About this time as well, if you notice from old home videos, people learned how to walk more smoothly instead of jerkily running around all the time. Also, we learned how to talk.
Life went on, and with other inventions such as the 3rd dimension, the sticky-note, and the rubber band, the world progressed to the colorful utopia we know and love today.

Oh, and the sky is blue because it is a reflection of the ocean.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm SO glad I live in a world of color, not stumbling about, with my sticky note and rubberband in hand as I talk. HOW did they do it before our time??

Funny post! You think about stuff that I have NEVER thought about. It's cool.

Now I'm going to click on your ad, so I can help pay your way to Ireland!! :P

Leanna said...

I think an important advancement in color would also have to be the leg warmers and neon work out suits of the 80's. Thank-you Richard Simmons!

Megobuddy said...

I would definitely have to agree with you Leanna.

I so remember my mom watching him when I was about 2 or 3.

"Im' a pony!"