Saturday, October 18, 2008

On a Lighter Note...



So I got a new sticky-note pad, and as I was using it I compared it to my old pad.
Turns out that the new pad is a slightly different shade of yellow than my old one.
So now I'm writing on a lighter note.


I went ice-sliding today, while everyone else skated. You know, people sometimes look at me and say, "Wow, I wish I knew how to ice-slide!"
Well, here's your chance. It's all in the take-off.
Step 1: Gingerly step out onto the ice.
Step 2: Push off with either your right foot or your left foot, or your...no, I guess that's about it.
Step 3: Shift all of your weight as far back on your skates as you can, whilst simultaneously waving your arms in a haphazard windmill-like fashion.
After that, the law of gravity really steps up and the rest of the maneuver pretty much happens on its own.
More advanced techniques cover the art of the 5 point landing(Yes, I know you only have 4 appendages. Figure it out.), the abrupt right turn that causes you to suddenly slam into a wall, taking out the skater who was dumb enough to skate between you and said wall, and how to look like you planned the WHOLE thing, and you're really just like, yeah, I'm cool, whatever.

Then Shane and I decided that everything sounded way cooler if you said it in a cool movie-guy voice, which still didn't help us find McDonalds, and apparently I sound just like the opossum from Over The Hedge.
(Wioux, wioux!)

Without wax,
Ike

7 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

So, why the wouix wouix? I read nothing about Indian maidens or the Souix.

Good post. I smirked.

By the by, was your last post actually serious? Or was it just you trying to mess with minds?

Melissa Phelps said...

PS. Cool Layout.. Love it!

Ike said...

As to the last post, it has been deleted, it was a lack of judgment on my part brought on by the lateness of the hour and how I was feeling at the time.

Sam said...

Loved your post. I chuckled to myself. esp: hands in a windmill like fashion, and the poor victim between said wall and you, and acting like you meant to do it.

Alanna said...

For the low price of $134.97 these new skates can be yours from Dicks Sporting Goods!!

See I never would have known that if you didn't have these cool ads on your blog!

I love the "writing on a lighter note." Very cool.

Lil Joe... said...

Hey-so falling with style AND on purpose is way cooler than actually 'ice-skating' anyways...
just blame it on the fact that you are not a native to the land of 'snow and ice...' :)

valeria said...

Wow! I got a laugh or two out of this post.
Nice layout.