Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life Reeked With Joy

This is something that I happened across while I was looking at some articles online.

"Possibly as an act of vengeance, a history professor-compiling, verbatim, several decades' worth of freshman papers-offers some of his students' more striking insights into European history from the Middle Ages to the present."
For example:
"During the Middle Ages, everybody was middle aged. Church and state were co-operatic. Middle Evil society was made up of monks, lords, and surfs."

Seth and I laughed till we cried reading this article.
Words fail me.






3 comments:

Megobuddy said...

So this professor "wrote" a paper about the Middle Ages by compiling pieces of his student's papers?

Melissa Phelps said...

Lol, awesome! I love it! PS, why are you copying my background? It's lame! But good post.

Melissa Phelps said...

PS Here's one of my favorite quotes from that article

"The Reformnation happened when German nobles resented the idea that tithes were going to Papal France or the Pope thus enriching Catholic coiffures."

Either catholic people were very concerned about hair-dressing or this is an example of spell-check's limitations.