Friday, November 13, 2009

A Jolly Stroll Downtown

Or, How I Walked Around OTR For Hours With Conspicuous Valuables In My Backpack.



It all started with a trip to the CE. The internet in my apt was acting hinky, so I legged down to the land of the free wireless and beautiful coffee.





About closing time (6:00 post mortem) I decided to leave, because although I think I could’ve taken the barista, I’ve learned they tend to frown on that sort of thing, and call names.



Next, since I was roughly in the area, I trotted over to fountain square and snapped a few for later.






It was a beautiful night.

















Next, some guy tried to (clumsily) filch my wallet out of my back pocket, but I, experienced world traveler that I am (Dublin, anyone?) had removed it to my hip to prevent just such an event from occurring. I affectionately advised him to “go play in traffic”, and continued on my way.

After stopping in on a few stores and art galleries, I decided it was time to wend my way homeward, and so started back up the Young St. steps. I had gotten as far as Milton St when looking ahead I espied what appeared to be some sort of negotiation on the next level of steps. Due to the lack of light and witnesses, and the presence of my laptop laden backpack, I decided to cut across Milton to Sycamore, and go home that way. On my way I met a lady who was trying to attract the attention of a stray cat, and who informed me in wistful tones that she “Never made it to Milton. They always stop me…”

Who?

The cats?

The infamous ghosts of Milton St.?


I never asked…

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Sounds like a fun, relaxing, albeit adventurous evening. Beaufiul pics. And yes, I'd love to go to Dublin again. :)

Alanna said...

*Beautiful*

I really mangled that one...lol

Stanton said...

Affectionately advised him to go play in traffic... I laughed. :D

TKB said...

All hail the wise world traveler!