Sunday, November 8, 2009

On Music




One of the biggest problems I have with modern music is that I see it bludgeoning the cultural taste buds of this generation, overloading and rendering them incapable of distinguishing the much more refined flavors of emotion from, say, most music written before the 1900's.
One of the statements I've heard quite a lot from many of my peers is that they think classical music "all sounds the same"!
Their overstimulated senses are now rendered incapable of appreciating the music for what it is: Man's potential for genius realized through the art of sound.
It would be like having a exquisite meal prepared for you by a 5 star chef, and then turning it away because they don't have any ketchup with which to douse your pâté de foie gras...
Please, friends, do yourself a favor and don't criticize what you don't understand.

Whew.

3 comments:

TKB said...

Soap box! ;-D

(Just kidding. I understand what you're saying...even if I would have to say I'm the one you're talking to. At least it's food for thought...oh, and...I like your pic! hehehe)

Ike said...

I know, I know... =)

Please keep in mind that this wasn't directed at anyone in particular, rather it was just me expressing my point of view.
And thanks, I had fun assembling it.

Melissa Phelps said...

Clearly you feel passionately about this. :)
I like the pic too. You need to tell me about how you assembled it sometime.