Friday, December 21, 2007

Caroling, caroling, through the town...

I woke up this morning to Mom saying "Get up, Dad called from work, and wants our family to go sing at Pizza Shack."
Uh-huh.
I just love our family.
So we arose, got dressed, and drove to Pizza Shack, a family run restaurant
started by two brothers from Naples, Italy. They also happen to be one of the best eats in the valley, in my opinion.
Turns out my Dad, a public school bus driver, had been ferrying the high school choir and band around all day, and thought it would be nice if after singing all morning they were sung to.
So, while they took their lunch at the aforementioned eatery, The Owens Family Singers sang.
While the strains of Carol of the Bells, Way Down Yonder, and White Christmas rang out amid the bustle of the restaurant employees, I reflected on the fact that most people probably never have had as much enjoyment with their expensive presents and parties as we have just singing.
Together.
I just love our family.

3 comments:

coffeechica said...

well since u stumbled on my blog now i have discovered yours :) looks fairly new, so, welcome! Have an amazing Christmas.

Sam said...

i sense sarcasm here. maybe? maybe not.

Ike said...

At first, then genuine realization.