Thursday, January 8, 2009

Self-Titled


An astonishing act
of LITerary limberance lies
as centER sagaciously
hidden half hAbily
in a diagonal direcTION.

you figure it out.

School is going great. I've been getting up around 4:30 every morning to study, vocalize, and have devotions before my 7:00 class. This practice has led to me turning in to a zombie around 9:00ish...
On a related note, there's Nigeria. Known for its oil reserves, poor taste in dictators, and susceptibility to deadly infectious diseases, now is branching out to the do-it-yourself safety gear niche with this innovative idea:
Can't afford a motorcycle helmet? No problem, says the resourceful Nigerians.
Simply slap a pumpkin on your head and call it good. All is not peaceful, however, as local officials are contesting the functionality of this avant garde in vegitable fashion accessories.

6 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

4:30??
No wonder I never see you!
Or... maybe that's cuz I was working?

Anyway, this is an encouraging message from a friend. Keep up the insanely disciplined life. U can do it.

Stanton said...

I'd like to know how long it took to come up with the first four lines... But it's clever.

Alanna said...

So I'm still laughing about Nigera - lol. Loved how you just threw it in there.

And I need to get with you about fine arts - A few things I'm confused about.

Megobuddy said...

Schedules and discipline are definitely on my character development list.

...this week doesn't count though (she says as she grins sheepishly).

That Girl In Switzerland said...

I always did wonder what a calabash is...now I know, and I have to thank for that. So thank you.

And I would say that 4:30 is a dumb time to be awake, if only I weren't posting this comment the very second my clock turned to 4:30...

Joseph said...

pumpkins are actually not bad tasting either, I think that I shall invest in one of those nifty helmets now.